10 things we have learned from Sex and The City
Sex and the city is a decade old show by HBO which surrounds around four New York women, who are best friends and looking for love.
This series talks about the lives of Carrie Bradshaw, a writer, and columnist, she is the most thoughtful one, the one who is looking for one true love throughout her life. Courageous fashionista in the gang. Samantha, a budding PR personnel, she is the boldest of all four, doesn’t approves of marriage and looks for her happiness in her own ways. Charlotte is the shy one looking for true love, the conservative one and the one who is adored by all. Miranda is the workaholic one, sharp, practical, ambitious. The struggle for her is to find someone to be with, at the same time matchup her career requirements.
The series and the movie together bring more than a bunch of things for you to learn about relationships and friendship. The most women-oriented and liberal show ever.
Here are 10 things we all have learned from this romantically inspiring series:
- Your friends can be your soul mates: There are relationships that fail miserably, the emotions that take a toll on our well-being. At that point in time, we all must stop and take a look at those bunch out there who have always been there for us. The ones we can’t live without.
- Keep going till you find “The one”: In this era of heartbreak and casual hookups, it is difficult to find a true love, but one must never stop looking for it. You never know when you find the one.
- Do not judge people on their sexual life: What one does in their personal space is none of our business. However great and active their sex life is.
- When to let go: Adjustments are part of any and every relationship there is in this universe, however, there is a thin line between adjusting and changing for worst. That’s when you need to ask yourself, is it worth the pain? or is it time to let go and find peace?
- Gossip can help sometimes: It is ok to laugh at someone else rather than getting sunk in your own misery. And well those laugh lines increases beauty, don’t they?
- Never mix friendship with money: Because money ruins everything.
- Happily ever after exists: It might take a couple of unsuccessful relations till you reach, but always know everyone has a happily ever after so just hold on your “Happily ever after” is waiting for you too.
- A ring is not necessary to seal the deal: The eternal bond of marriage is based on love and understanding between two people. The commitment made is not bound to any ritual, rather it should be in the heart of two people wanting to spend the rest of their lives together.
- It is ok to fall if you decide to rise again: There are many ups and downs in life, times when it looks like everything is over, don’t lose hope. Straighten up, head high ad start again because there are always people who would be inspired by you.
- Age is just a number, it does not define you.The most important of all……We can never get tired of watching Sex and The City, falling in love with life and seeking inspiration that after all there is Happily Ever After.